DETROIT -- The Society of Plastic Engineers annual awards were a big deal this year – literally. My first time judging was in 1999 and I can’t recall a nominated component that wasn’t single-handedly carried in by the presenter. This year’s competition, held in early November at the American Plastics Council’s facility in Troy, MI, was highlighted by a number of big plastic components. A hybrid front-end module for the Audi A2 and a pickup box for the Chevy Silverado are just two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Molding At Its Best" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.