Dealerships will have to wait until February to get street versions of the '00 Monte Carlo that will be the pace car next month for the 1999 Indianapolis 500, according to a Chevrolet executive. That way availability will coincide with the redesigned coupe's entry into the NASCAR circuit, which originally was scheduled for the middle of the 1999 Winston Cup season and now is set for the beginning of 2000. The reason for waiting was to allow NASCAR officials to further review the stock car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Monte Carlo Pacer to Hit Streets in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.