General Motors Corp.’s Accessories unit is beginning to deliver a significant new revenue source for the auto maker by massively increasing its business with GM dealers. “In 2002, we had just under 30% of GM dealers who didn’t buy anything from GM Accessories,” Nancy Philippart, executive director-GM Accessories business channel, tells Ward’s. “Now, in 2005, it’s just a little over 1% not buying anything.” However, Philippart says total revenues generated from the sector did not meet her ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"More Dealers Opting for GM Accessories" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.