Based on drive-by sensor measurement of the hydrocarbon (HC) emissions of 23,000 in-use cars in Riverside, CA, only 0.2% (approximately one car in 500) account for 13% of the total HC emissions and 1% account for about 25% of total HC output. Joel Schwartz, an experienced researcher in the field, who directed the California Governor’s Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) Policy Review Committee for several years, managed the study by the Reason Foundation, a public policy analysis group. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"More Effective I/M Testing Outlined" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.