Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. President and Chief Operating Officer Jim Press says Toyota’s decision to build a Camry hybrid at its Georgetown, KY, plant, “does not preclude other North American plants from doing so in the future.” (See related story: Toyota to Produce Hybrid in U.S.) Speaking via a webcast from Washington, Press says Toyota always has spoken of the need to “build where it sells.” However, up to now, the auto maker has produced all of its hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"More Toyota North American-Built Hybrids to Come" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.