SHANGHAI – Pingdan Xu has just purchased his first car, a silver 2004 Buick Excelle midsize model based on a GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. design. He thus became one of more than 370,000 Chinese to buy Buicks this year, up 38% from 2003. Although the Chinese market has slowed recently, reflecting the government’s credit clampdown aimed at cooling its super-heated economy, passenger-car sales are forecast to reach a healthy 2.2 million units in 2004. Sales were weak during the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mr. Xu Buys a Buick" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.