When Pontiac gave away 276 G6 sedans on the season opening “Oprah Winfrey Show,” it was the marketing stunt seen ’round the world. But did it sell any cars? And was it Pontiac’s best use of the nearly $8 million it reportedly cost? Probably not. And not likely. Giddy General Motors insiders were patting each other on the back following the mid-September Oprah giveaway that saw every member of the show’s studio audience receive keys to a new G6. In exchange for a couple gross in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Much Ado About Nothing?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.