Ford Motor Co. is in favor of a proposed plan by suppliers, dealers and the United Auto Workers union to form a cavalcade of fuel-efficient vehicles to travel to Washington, but itâ€™s unlikely the auto maker will participate directly, a spokesman says. â€śI think thatâ€™s a great story to be told of how they are partners with us,â€ť says Mike Moran. â€śBut this is a grassroots effort coming from those sectors of the auto industry, and I donâ€™t think anyone is requesting support from us.â€ť The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mulally Set to Respond to Lawmakersâ€™ Request" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.