FRANKFURT – Volkswagen AG has signed off on the design for the new Microbus and it is not far from the concept shown at the 2001 North American International Auto Show. It’s just more refined, says Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder. He says the Passat-based passenger van combines the right combination of retro and modern. The Microbus will be for all markets, starting with the U.S., which is expected to get 53,000 of the 80,000 units to be produced annually in Hanover, Germany. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Multifaceted Microbus Development Includes Derivatives" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.