PASADENA, CA — Ford Motor Co. wrangles the original pony car in a different and segment-redefining direction with the launch of its somewhat-new-for-1999 Mustang Cobra. No small task, considering the car is really only a refresh. Although the whole Mustang herd may be long overdue for a ground-up redo, the new stuff packed in the 1999 Cobra more than makes up for its antiquated roots. The big news: Its haunches now squat confidently on an IRS. No, not the IRS. An IRS, as in independent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mustang Cobra trots out on IRS for 1999" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.