Acting on a curious whim, Coca-Cola Co. "improved" its formula in 1985 and ignited a consumer rebellion that nearly crushed the celebrated company. So, to quell the insurrection and save an American institution, Coke rededicated itself to making the original recipe. Today, a similar set of circumstances faces Ford Motor Co. Its Fox platform turned gray years ago, requiring that the iconic Mustang be redesigned. J Mays, vice president-design, acknowledges the stakes: "When youâ€™re ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mustang Concept: Itâ€™s the Real Thing, Ford Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.