Ford Motor Co. is recalling all '99 Mustang Cobras to replace the intake manifold and exhaust system because the company's flagship performance vehicle fails, in some cases, to meet advertised claims of 320 hp. Acting on complaints made by several '99 Cobra owners of disappointing engine performance, Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) launched an investigation to determine the source of the problem. What it found was an incomplete removal of flashing inside some vehicles' intake manifolds. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mustang Gets Giddyap Fix" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.