North American manufacturers are heading toward their third straight underbuild in September with production for the month estimated by Ward's to be on track to finish 65,500 units below what was scheduled for the month. Ward's estimates September output will finish at 1.448 million units (see data p.7), or 95.7% of what was scheduled for the month (see Ward's Automotive Reports — September 4, '00, p.1). That follows a 94.7% build rate in August and 93.4% in July. The shortfall is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"N. American Output Set for Shortfall in September; Trucks Lead Downturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.