DETROIT – North American manufacturers are staying close to their overall December schedules but with a bent toward trucks offsetting a cutback in cars. Ward’s estimates that North American vehicle production is pacing at 1,043,900 units, nearly even with the 1,040,500 slated for the period at the beginning of the month. However, trucks are coming in above schedule by about 20,100 units, with major overbuilds at General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. more than offsetting under-builds at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"N. A. Manufacturers Close to December Plan; Truck Overbuilds Offset Car Shortfall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.