Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader is calling for serious upgrades to U.S. motor vehicle regulations and “a new motor vehicle statutory authority” instead of the weakened National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. Updated or new standards are needed on tires, roofs, fuel economy, seat belts, bumpers, child restraints, gas tanks, rear impact, seat structural strength, seat back failure, tire inflation warning indicators, frontal intrusion and rollovers, says Mr. Nader. “Basically ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nader: Replace NHTSA, Upgrade Regs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.