Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V.‚Äôs F-Series pickup, known as the ‚ÄúLobo‚ÄĚ in Mexico, is garnering much attention these days, most of it unwanted. Sales have taken a hit due to the truck‚Äôs popularity among the much-publicized Mexican drug cartels. In the year‚Äôs first 10 months, F-Series deliveries in Mexico were down 22.1%, compared with year-ago, to 16,620, according to Ward‚Äôs data. Although sales saw a 4.2% uptick last month to 1,643, they still trailed September by 20.1%. At a press ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Narcoterrorism Takes Bite Out of Ford‚Äôs Mexico Pickup Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.