Jim Holden, president of DaimlerChrysler Corp., says North American sales are on pace for another record year, but at a cost. “It wouldn't bother me if it cooled down just a little bit. In terms of volumes, incentives are driving it for everybody and I'd love to see some relief on the incentives side.” He's not optimistic. “As interest rates increase and consumers are demanding no increase in payments, everybody's increased their incentives to hold the pricing. It makes it a very ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"N.A.'s Record Sales Pace Raises Concern" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.