Navistar International Transportation Corp. will cut 750-800 jobs at its International Truck and Engine Corp. facility in Springfield, OH, effective Sept. 6. The cuts come as a result of Navistar’s decision to cease production of heavy-duty trucks at the plant, which employs about 3,000 people. By year’s end, Navistar also will close the plant’s body shop, which employs about 650 people. Springfield’s medium-duty production line will not be affected. The truck and engine maker, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Navistar Cutting 750-800 Jobs in Ohio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.