Navistar International Corp. will form a joint venture with India's Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. to produce buses and trucks for the Indian market, beginning in 2007. The JV, dubbed Mahindra International, will be owned 49% by Navistar's International Truck and Engine Corp. subsidiary and 51% by Mahindra, with both partners investing a combined $92 million in the next two to three years.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Navistar Forms Indian Joint Venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.