Navistar International Transportation Corp., the U.S. sales leader in medium-duty trucks, is setting its sights on the Class 8 segment with the recent unveiling of its International 9000i series, which features the longest heavy-duty truck in company history. “This is where the growth opportunity is,” says a Navistar spokesman. While Navistar's heavy-duty sales were up 12.1% in 1998, its share declined to 18.4% from 19.3% in 1997. Class 8 competition is stiff with PACCAR Inc., Navistar, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Navistar Shoots for Class 8 with 9000i Series" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.