Hyundai Powertech Co. Ltd.’s all-new fuel-saving 6-speed automatic transmission will be offered on several vehicles produced by Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Kia Motors Corp., Ward’s has learned. Developed at the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group’s research and development center in Namyang, the compact, lightweight transmission will be applied first on the Hyundai Grandeur/Azera built at Hyundai’s Asan plant, beginning in January. It also is headed for use on the revised ‘10 Santa Fe ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New 6-Speed to Get Widespread Use at Hyundai, Kia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.