VIENNA – Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, the Austrian arm of the Fiat-GM Powertrain joint venture, has begun prototype assembly of its new M20/32 6-speed transmission. It marks the first time the plant here has become involved in production at the prototype stage. Typically, plant activity would start with pilot-stage assembly. Zafira one of several models slated to get new Austrian 6-speed. “For the first time, the assembly of prototypes is taking place in the gamma phase of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New 6-Speed in Prototype-Build Phase at Opel Austria" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.