TURIN — Sotiris Kovos, designer of the Toyota Yaris and the retractable-roof Lexus SC430, has a new job. The London Royal College of Art-educated, 34-year-old Greek designer took over as head of exterior design at Audi AG on Sept. 1. The move confirms a behind-the-scenes battle within Audi to find a new corporate face. Many in Ingolstadt believe the four-ring grille introduced in 1990 on the 100, and virtually unchanged on every subsequent Audi, has finally run its course. Audi boss, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Audi designer moves team to a higher level" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.