Dana Corp. launches a new axle differential that is claimed to deliver improved torque management for all-wheel-drive vehicles. The company dubs the new design Torque Transfer Technology, or TXT, saying that the design is the first cost-effective in-axle differential for any type of vehicle. Dana says it incorporates an open differential affected by a hydraulically activated clutch system that progressively transfers torque to the non-driving axle. Dana says the unique unit is completely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New AWD torque management" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.