Bayer Corp. says its recently completed Baytown, TX, polymers and chemicals manufacturing complex is already at capacity due to strong demand from the automotive and furniture industries. The $150 million facility manufactures toluene diisocyanate (TDI), which is used in the production of flexible polyurethane foam cushions for automotive seating, as well as other interior and exterior components. Annual capacity at Baytown is 220 million lbs., raising Bayer's yearly output potential in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Bayer Polyurethane Plant Hits Capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.