SEDONA, AZ — It's taken six years, but Volkswagen of America Inc. finally appears strong enough to stop worrying about whether it will survive in North America and, instead, shift its attention on how to sustain growth — thanks, in large part, to the enormous success of the New Beetle. Now VW is set to give North American buyers an even more fun version, one packing the popular 1.8L DOHC 5-valve turbocharged I-4. The engine, with 150 hp available at 5,800 rpm, is a tuned version of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Beetle gets turbocharged" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.