COPENHAGEN – BMW AG’s 1-Series Coupe, set to arrive in North America next year, is a reincarnation of the marque’s famed 2002 model, sold in the U.S. from 1968-1972, says BMW U.S. Holding Corp. CEO Tom Purves. The 2002 small car, which sold 84,000 units during its 4-year run, built its reputation on its driving dynamics and performance – attributes found in the new 1-Series, he says. “(The 1-Series is) very similar in size to the original 2002, which was a huge success back in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New BMW 1-Series Evokes Classic 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.