DETROIT — The new car assembly plant BMW AG plans to build somewhere in Europe initially will be used to assemble 3-series cars, not the new small 1-series, top executives tell Ward's Automotive International. Press reports indicate BMW favors two locations in eastern Germany and one or two Czech Republic parcels as potential sites for the new facility. Executives wouldn't hint at which if any of those may be among the front runners, but they say they want a greenfield site capable of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New BMW plant to start with 3-series production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.