TRENTON, MI â€“ Chrysler Group LLC expects its new engine plant here to be at full 3-crew, 6-day-per-week operation by yearâ€™s end. The $364 million, 822,000-sq.-ft. (76,363-sq.-m) facility, built on a brownfield site adjacent to the auto makerâ€™s existing Trenton North engine plant, is part of a $730 million investment Chrysler has made in a new family of V-6 engines. The Trenton South plant, officially christened today by Chrysler and government officials, currently is operating on one ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Chrysler V-6 Plant to Be Fully Staffed by Yearâ€™s End" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.