WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA – The Mazda5 cross/utility vehicle, introduced in 2005 and refreshed for ’08, has become a runaway smash hit for Mazda Motor Corp.’s North American unit, but the auto maker has no plans to localize production of the 6-passenger family hauler. Mazda5 sales surged 44.1% for the year’s first six months to 11,977 units, compared with like-2007, helped along by U.S. buyers downsizing their vehicles in the face of gasoline prices surpassing $4 a gallon. Asked how many ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Competitors Expected For Mazda5" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.