Chrysler stakeholders regard it as the most important vehicle the auto maker will launch in 2012. Acknowledged by executives only in the vaguest terms, the “Dodge Compact Car” – the first vehicle in the Chrysler-brand family to feature a Fiat-derived platform – could hold significance that goes much deeper. From a bird’s-eye view, it is the acid test for Chrysler’s ability to adapt Fiat platforms, which are anticipated to account for 56% of the auto maker’s worldwide car volume by 2014. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Dodge Linchpin of Chrysler-Fiat Alliance?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.