ROME – Renault SA's new Espace minivan, which makes its public debut at this month’s Paris auto show, shares a “virtual” platform with the Laguna and Vel Satis sedans. Renault Espace employs magnesium for the steering wheel and seat frames Although all three cars are built on the same line and supplied by the same companies, the Espace minivan actually shares few parts with its sisters. Yves Dubreil, the director of all three M2S platform products, says only a few under hood ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Espace Stays True to Form" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.