PARIS – Incoming European Union Industry Commissioner Gunter Verheugen is promising to focus his attention on making EU-manufactured cars safer and less polluting. “The European car in the future must primarily be a safe and environment-friendly car. That’s what I want to promote,” the German Social Democrat says, speaking at European Parliament hearing in Brussels today. Verheugen, who starts his new job in November, says he is conscious of the competitive pressures facing the EU car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New EU Industry Commissioner to Focus on Auto Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.