SEATTLE – Ford Motor Co. is counting on its ’08 Focus to zero in on what it says is a global downsizing trend and grab a greater chunk of the growing small-car sector in North America. “You might say (the atmosphere) of excess might be at a tipping point right now,” Sheryl Connelly, Ford’s global trends and “futuring” manager, says at a media event here to unveil the new car. “There are signals in the marketplace to suggest consumers are (making) purchases with a more balanced, rational, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Ford Focus Takes Aim at Small Car Sweet Spot" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.