Auto makers say we’re on the verge of a seismic technological change. Within the decade, they promise, automobiles will be powered by wonderful new engines that will eliminate emissions and wean us off oil. Don’t bet on it. We’ve heard this story before. Electric cars, gas-turbine engines and whisper-light plastic bodies were the panaceas proffered in the past. Today it’s clean diesels, hybrids and fuel cells. Yet, when it comes to choosing between what we already make or going with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Fuels and Alternative Engines? Fugedaboudit!" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.