GE Plastics has developed a new resin for bumper fascias and front-end modules to debut later this year on at least one '02 model. “We're in discussions with a bunch of different companies, Tier Ones and OEMs,” says a GE spokesman. The first new alloy from GE in many years, NORYL PPX is being pitched by the Pittsfield, MA-based company as an ideal replacement for thermoplastic olefin, nylon and steel due to its stiffness, toughness and heat resistance, giving it enormous impact strength. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New GE Resin Due in '02" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.