ATLANTA – Toyota Motor Corp. is targeting a 100% sales increase of the third-generation RAV4 cross/utility vehicle, to 135,000 units annually, says James D. Farley Jr., vice president-marketing. That should translate into a market share gain of 4%, he predicts. Production of the ’06 Toyota RAV4 begins in December for the 4-cyl. model at the auto maker’s Tahara, Japan, plant. The building of the 6-cyl. version will begin in January. (See related story: New Toyota Subcompact May Bite Into ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New-Generation RAV4 to Debut in Spring" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.