NEW YORK – During a special meeting with his two top executives recently, General Motors Co. Chairman Ed Whitacre strongly suggested the company increase spending on marketing by hundreds of millions of dollars annually to get the message out on new products, Vice Chairman Bob Lutz tells Ward's. Lutz says Whitacre told him and CEO Fritz Henderson that GM's advertising budget was in “no way adequate.” Lutz, who recently unretired to take over as GM's marketing czar, says Whitacre ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New GM Chairman Prods Top Execs to Spend More on Marketing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.