MILFORD, MI – General Motors Corp.’s plan to offer an all-new V-8 turbodiesel option on its light-duty fullsize pickups by the end of the decade adds fuel to the auto maker’s drive to improve the efficiency of its highest-volume vehicles. And if test-drives in a prototype mule at GM’s proving grounds here are any indication, the new engine will set new levels for diesel performance and refinement. “This new GM light-duty diesel is expected to become a favorite among customers who require ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New GM Light-Duty Diesel Sets Performance Standard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.