DETROIT – Every auto maker and supplier wants to reduce component and vehicle weight in the ever-present challenge to improve fuel economy. Those same companies are working just as diligently to use natural materials and fibers that pose no threat to the environment. When they can achieve both goals at the same time, well, that’s called a strong business case. AOC LLC, a resin producer based in Collierville, TN, has developed a type of sheet molding composite (SMC) that is so new it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Green SMC Boasts Low Mass" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.