PHOENIX – Folks wandering into Toyota Motor Sales showrooms this summer may mistake the all-new ’08 Highlander for a big body-on-frame SUV, given the girth the cross/utility vehicle has added in its second iteration, as well as its boxy styling cues. The new Highlander is nearly 4 ins. (10 cm) longer and 3 ins. (8 cm) wider than the model it replaces, also adding 3 ins. to the wheelbase, moving it toward the Ward’s Large CUV category. Fortunately, the extra weight doesn’t sap the 3.5L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Highlander Stingy on Style, Big on Power" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.