EAST LIBERTY, OH – There is plenty to like about the new 1.8L SOHC 4-cyl. powering most versions of the all-new ’06 Honda Civic. The engine is 10%-21% more powerful than the 1.7L 4-cyl. it replaces; it is the most fuel-efficient 4-cyl. in the compact segment; and there are numerous clever design features, a hallmark of Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s engine design.(See related story: Honda Couldn’t Wait to Crank Up New Civic) But one esoteric aspect of the Civic’s new 1.8L SOHC I-4 particularly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Honda Engine Spinning With Rest of World" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.