ASHEVILLE, NC – Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s June 3 introduction of the '03 Pilot, its first-ever Honda-badged midsize SUV, is a good example of auto makers heading in different directions. Honda says midsize SUV buyers don't want bold, Dodge Ram-type styling. In the first full year of production, Honda plans to sell 80,000 Pilots (priced at about $30,000) as a competitor to Ford Motor Co.’s industry standard Explorer and the recently reinvigorated General Motors Corp. stalwart for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Honda Pilot Means Looming Dogfight in Midsize SUV Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.