Despite recent woes in the global auto industry, an international project is studying the environmental effects of a transportation sector projected to grow long term as the developing world becomes richer and more mobile. The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), the International Energy Agency, the International Transport Forum and the FIA Foundation this month launch the â€ś50 by 50 Global Fuel Economy Initiativeâ€ť that looks beyond the current economic downturn. â€śThe worldâ€™s car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Initiative Aimed at Improving Global Fleetâ€™s Fuel Economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.