The new Mazdaspeed3 makes its U.S. debut today at the 2009 New York International Auto Show. Mazda Motor Corp.’s compact performance vehicle, which premiered worldwide at the Geneva auto show last month, goes on sale in the U.S. in mid- to late-summer. The output from the 5-door’s 2.3L DISI turbocharged 4-cyl. remains unchanged at 263 hp and 280 lb.-ft. (380 Nm) of torque. But Mazda says it has “harnessed that power more efficiently,” employing a hood-mounted intercooler scoop, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Mazdaspeed3 Gets Same HP, Stronger Body" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.