RUESSELSHEIM, Germany — Adam Opel AG's new factory here will leave 40% of inside space vacant to accommodate suppliers. The one-floor facility will replace the existing plant, in which the assembly line passes through two floors. “During the past few years we have, despite our best efforts, exhausted the scope for restructuring and plant modernization that the Ruesselsheim site had to offer,” says Robert Hendry, Opel's chief executive. To be the competitive worldwide, a spokeswoman adds, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Opel factory leaves space for suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.