The newly redesigned Subaru Outback tops the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.’s first round of ’05 crash and rollover ratings. The car-based Outback, classified as an SUV by NHTSA and as an upper middle car by Ward’s segmentation, was the only vehicle of nine tested to earn a 5-star rating for all four seating positions in front- and side-impact crash simulations. Chrysler Group’s 300 sedan and Dodge Magnum wagon were awarded five stars in three of four categories, while the Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Outback Aces NHTSA Crash Tests" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.