TOYOTA CITY, Japan â€“ With the May launch of the new Prius, Toyota Motor Corp. achieved yet another industry milestone: The worldâ€™s first mass-produced hybrid car now is the main model at one of the auto makerâ€™s largest assembly plants. Like its predecessor, the new Prius is produced at two facilities in Japan â€“ Tsutsumi and Fujimatsu. Tsutsumi is Toyotaâ€™s third-largest Japanese assembly plant (fourth-largest globally), while Fujimatsu is the main plant of Toyota Auto Body Co. Ltd., the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Prius Dominates Production at Toyotaâ€™s Tsutsumi Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.