It doesn’t take a trained eye to see how auto makers would benefit from rail cars that can accommodate sedans, pickups or SUVs with (almost) the flip of a switch. Union Pacific Corp., North America’s largest auto carrier, today unveils a new rail car, dubbed AutoFlex, that can be converted within 24 hours to carry vehicles with multiple body styles. Currently, it can take months for the railroad industry to maneuver its rail-car fleet to meet unexpected demand for one kind of vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Rail Car Can Flex With Production Schedules" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.