Isuzu Philippines Corp. says new revenue regulations will boost the price of its Isuzu Trooper and Hi-Lander Crosswind models by about 50%, beginning Sept. 9. The new regulations impose stricter measurement parameters on the 10-seat capacity ruling that exempts a vehicle from paying excise taxes. The Philippines’ Bureau of Internal Revenue has ruled that all existing Asian utility vehicles and SUVs no longer qualify as 10-seaters and thus are subject to excise tax. The change will see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Regulations Prompt Price Hikes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.